by Santhakumar Munuswamy
Posted on 02 October 2016
In this article, we will discuss how we can developing the ASP.Net Core Web application on Linux. As we discussed understanding about ASP.Net Core with Hello world application on windows in my previous articles. If you want to learn ASP.Net Core and its features, you can read the the below link,
Let’s start with the procedures
If you want to know the prerequisites and setting up the environment step-by-step guide as given below link
Developing an ASP.Net Core Web Application on Linux
We are going to discuss how to developing ASP.Net Core web application on Linux. We will see the step by step guidelines for the ASP.Net Core web application creation here.
- Type mkdir Asp.NetCoreWebApp, cd Asp.NetCoreWebApp and Enter in the command line
- You can see the Asp.NetCoreWebApp folder as below screen shot
- Type dotnet new -t web and Enter in the command line
- You can see the asp.net core application project structure in the screen shot as below
- Type dotnet restore and Enter in the command line
- After some time, installing required component is completed in the screen shot as following
- Type dotnet run and Enter in the command line
I hope you understood developing the ASP.Net Core Web application on Linux and run on it. I have covered all the required things. If you find anything that I missed in this article, please let me know. Please share your valuable feedback or suggestions.